Monday, February 1, 2016

Hockney Style Joiners

David Hockney's photomontages are very different from the one's we're creating in class. Hockney's photomontages were not made digitally, he instead made his photomontages by hand after taking pictures and using the physical copies. This also made it cost way more; since the cameras weren't digital each picture had to be processed and there were sometimes up to 100 pictures. David Hockney's photomontages also showed movement of a subject which we didn't focus on in our class. If a person is showed in one of his photomontages they will likely be moving in the image.

Images can send really strong messages which can be emotional in a positive or negative way. Images can show things that might make someone feel a certain way if it is taken the right way. Special effects to an image can help add that feel to it which everyone likes. Usually something that is colorless and black and white will send more of a negative or sad message. Colorful and vibrant images can show happiness and an upbeat message.

I did not really intend to send a message but instead just expressed my love for fishing which is one of my favorite hobbies. So in this case there is no universal meaning but more of a personal meaning for myself. This is all my gear that I use whenever I go fishing. I have frog lures, and my two fishing rods tackle box with hooks and weights and other lures, my fishing rods along with my Scissors.


No comments:

Post a Comment